[AMPS] still looking for HV PS for L-4B

Scott Hotchkiss w4pj@bellsouth.net
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 18:51:02 -0400

I thought I had a deal for a basket-case L-4B but keep waiting
for the deal to be consumated (shipped etc.). In the mean time
I've decided to start breathing again and looking for another
HV source for the primo RF deck I have here. Would like at
least 3300V. I can always use a second HV PS for the Basket
which might be a candidate for 3XC1200 mod or otherwise. -
If it ever arrives.
I've started aquiring parts for a homebrew PS.
I have a transformer here marked  Hallicrafters  52C219 and
Saratoga Industries HC-251-P  alot of the lettering has worn off.
Looks like 8150V with a center tap
4800V @ .475A  on one side with alot more that I cannot read
and read almost nothing on the primary side.
Has 3 sets of primaries, never been soldered. Any info on this
beast would be appreciated. Weighs 110 Lbs. (on bathroom scale)

Scott R. Hotchkiss / W4PJ
Fort Lauderdale, Florida