SV: [AMPS] MLA-2500 MOD FOR GG 4CX-800'S CONFIKGURATION

sm5ki sm5ki@algonet.se
Sat, 05 Aug 2000 13:09:09 +0200

I want again raise the question I raised many months ago and did not get any
reaction at all. Maybe I should have included the word nichrome,hi!:

Why not use triode/or supercathode connected 8122s or 8072s instead of the
8875s? Same socket. Cheap price and you can still get abt 50 of the 8072s in
Scandinavia. The G1  can take 100 mA and the G2 using the same cup
construction should be able to handle even more current as it has a thermal
connection with the outside world and larger diameter.

You have eventually to make a new bifilar cathode coil with a rf tap to
divide grid currents equal. The 8122 needs a squirrel cage blower. For the
8072 you can make with a lace a cooler similar to the 8875 for transveral
cooling. Could be used in the SB230 as an replacement for the 8873 as well
with a similar cooling system.

By the way: can the cooler from the 8875 be moved over to the 8072 if the
8875 anode eventually has the same diameter.

Can anybody familiar with those tube curves look into the 8122/8072 curves
if they are linear enough run in my suggested application?

PROSIT DE HANS