[AMPS] Ten Tec Hercules 444

Tom Hix W4TH w4th@webtv.net
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 17:09:29 -0500 (CDT)

I am thinking about buying a solid state amp for use on my
10-12-15-17-20 station. I have the choice of a Ten Tec Hercules 444 and
the Ameritron ALS 600. Both come with their own power supply.
I sure would appreciate any and all comments about which of these amps
is considered to be the better of the two. I am not familiar with either
one of these amps.
It seems I may have heard somewhere that one of the Ten Tec solid state
amps used transistors that were no longer available. Is the Hercules 444
that amp?
Thank you for taking the time to read and especially respond to this
posting.
73
Tom
W4TH