[AMPS] Fw: Help please FL7000 with TS570D

Bob Henderson bob@cytanet.com.cy
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 08:04:20 +0300

 I would welcome comments from anyone with experience of the above
combination.  Particularly so from anyone using the combination sucessfully.

 I will be QRV from ZD9 in September and will be collecting an FL7000 as we
transit through South Africa.  The amp will be on loan to me for the
expedition and will avoid my having to carry a heavy amp with me.  Believe
me, I am very grateful for the loan!

 I don't know the FL7000 never having used one but have researched the web
and see several comments about it being prone to trip very readily.
Particularly if the exciter produces power spikes.  It has been suggested
that the 570 does this, though I have not noticed any such problem when I
have used it to drive my Alpha 87A.

 It would be a pity to take the FL7000 all the way to Tristan only to find
it
won't work with my TS570D.

 I don't imagine there will be too much general interest in this enquiry so
please send any replies direct to me at bob@cytanet.com.cy

 Many thanks for any help and advice you can give me.

 73

 Bob 5B4AGN/ZC4ZM/G3ZEM
e-mail bob@cytanet.com.cy
ZD9ZM from 5-25th September 2000