[AMPS] Question About Correct Phase for 240V Transformer Primary Windings ???

UNCRICHIE7@aol.com UNCRICHIE7@aol.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 22:59:21 EDT

Hi Fellas, A question for you High Voltage Transformer Guru's. I have an
unlabeled transformer. I have found the primary windings. This transformer
can be powered by 120 or 240 volts. Heres the question. How can you tell the
phase of the windings in order to properly set up for 240 operation. I'm not
sure if this will help determine it but the pig tails of the windings are
Brown/Black and the other is Blue/Yellow. As always any help would be greatly
appreciated...  Thanks, Kurt, K3KL...