[AMPS] Not all that much of a trouble maker

Fred Fliss fredfffff@hotmail.com
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:12:40 GMT

George wrote:

>As far as I can ascertain this gentleman, Mr. Free, has not made trouble
>for anyone on the list.<
I beg to differ. He has indirectly accused Tom Rauch of intentionally
designing and/or selling amplifiers for illegal CB operations. To the extent
that one can make trouble via email, I believe this qualifies.

>He has made some useful contributions from time to time. As to his alleged
>illegal activities, I know of no eye witnesses and therefore the
>allegations which you posit are merely rumour.<
I again beg to differ, this time on two counts.  I have reviewed the
postings and cannot find a single useful contribution he has made.  He
claims power levels out of valves at varying voltages and claims they are
clean, but he poses no specific IMD levels in dB, nor references any
measurements he has made.  His claims to power output from specific valves
has often been defined in terms of CB usage, and it takes very little time
listening to CB "shootouts" to understand the we do NOT want that sort of
performance on the amateur bands.
On the second count, it is not a rumour.  He has at times signed his letters
with the moniker "CBer extraodrinairre" which to most CBers (ask the chap at
www.davemade.com) implies excessive power.  He makes frequent reference to
operations at 11 metres that are in excess of the legal limit.  Beyond a
reasonable doubt it is not, but it DOES fall inside the legal definitions of
reasonable evidence, and is far more than merely rumour.  It is distinctly
circumstantial evidence, which is not only admissable in US Courts, but is
the deciding factor in most cases.

>73,
>George K. Watson
>K0IW

I hope you accept that I merely disagree with you, I do not dishonour you.
At least you come forth with an accurate representation of your identity,
which Mr. Free (or is it Mr. Wolf?  Or Mr. Extraordinairre?) has yet
declined to do.

It is my very arrogant opinion that "da_kang@hotmail.com", whatever his real
name and/or callsign is, has nothing useful to contribute to this reflector.
  I do not suggest he should be removed; I merely opine that his
observations be considered in light of the absence of technical merit, and
given his unwillingness to let us know who he really is (by claiming to be a
ham but providing no callsign and by providing no name that is referencable
in the two common public databases) that his commets be dismissed as
poppycock.

Could we please return to our very well-reasoned and refereed discussion
about parasitics, arcs, cosmic rays, and oscillations when a valve is in
cutoff?