[AMPS] Yaesu FL-2100B P/S Cured...

UNCRICHIE7@aol.com UNCRICHIE7@aol.com
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 17:06:46 EDT

Thanks to all who responded to my dilema. I removed the filter caps from the
PC boards and found that someone had placed three in backwards, in other
words the polarity was reversed. The caps that are used have no outer
markings once they are mounted through the PC board so you have no way to
tell. I believe that this will cure the problem. FYI, two were leaking and
one had a crusty substance at the terminal ends that were under the PC
boards. Needless to say all will be replaced. Thanks again to the AMPS group,
you guys are great.   Kurt A. Lacko,  K3KL...