[AMPS] Ameritron AL-811H

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:02:58 -0400

> >...and where does that little bit of misinformation spring from?
>

> >73, Tom W8JI
> >w8ji@contesting.com
>

> Taken from Svetlana website:  http://www.svetlana.com/docs/dictionary.html
>   About halfway down page.
>
> "811A--glass power triode, high mu, used in older transmitters and other
> equipment. Svetlana no longer offers an 811A, although we do sell the
> higher-dissipation 572B (an exact plug-in replacement for 811As) and the
> lower-mu 812A. Also see Technical Bulletins 2, 13, 17, and 24."

The truth is Svetlana hasn't made 572's for a while, and that's just
as well. 572's are a chronic problem from that vendor. I suspect the
572 tubes are just tubes in inventory, since they actually quit
making ALL glass tubes several months ago.

Other companies continue to make 572's and 811A's. Svetlana
isn't the world's only source, and factually hasn't "made" 572's for a
long time anyway. Out of the 572's they have in new old stock,
most failed to meet operating voltage requirements.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com