[AMPS] 811H's on CB

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 15:31:47 -0400

I'm disturbed by the posts from our "friend" in Texas that a lot of
811H amplifiers are turning up on CB.

I'm trying to think of a solution for this problem.

I'm considering suggesting parts be left out, and made available
from the factory only with a copy of a valid amateur license. In
addition perhaps adding a notice in each amplifier that any use
without proof of a license will void all warranty, and having all tech
support require proof of a license.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a possible solution? The
last thing we need is the FCC finding that the rules they have now
aren't doing the job.

Or do you all think the fellow in Texas is just trolling for a fight or
enjoys insults, and it isn't really a problem?

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com