[AMPS] 811H's on CB

Barry Nice_guy@Mindspring.com
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 18:35:17 -0400

I concur with Eric totally,
     I am  pushin 30 years as a Ham and Amateur Radio was my entry into
electronics as a teen.  Not CB. I really don't C modern Ham Radio that
much diff from CB when I tune both bands nowadays. Actually I C more
manners on the CB bands, than the Ham bands!  The CBer's may sound silly
2 us with there vonaculer, but @ least they are nice 2 each other. The
old men, when I was just gettin started, were right. As we have dumbed
down Ham Radio, there has been a direct correlation 2 behavior on the
bands. Not 2 say we didn't have a few jerks back then.  Lets C, when I
got my Extra, U had to send by hand and receive by ear, 1 minute of
perfect CW outa 5. Then we went 2 multiple guess in plain text, no more
random code. Guess that made the guessin easier, in front of a
"volunteer examiner. No more go'in  2 the FCC field office. Hmmmmm. I am
sure that the majority of VE are honest and do a very fine job, but we
have all heard the Horror stories. We have 1 locally where the head VE
got his extra via code wavier. Hmmmm. Was a totally deft dude takein his
extra with me. Put his fingers 2 the speaker 2 copy and was perfect
copy. Guess if U want it bad enough. Let's C, how can we make it easier?
I know, lets start a "no-Code" ticket. Yea, that's it, we can sell more
eqpt. and magazine subscriptions, opp's, I mean memberships. Then we
will get enough of them and they will raise enough cain and lower the
requirement 2 5 wpm 4 ALL licensee, if they can't do away with it
totally. Yea, that's the ticket. Sell more eqpt and mag subs, I mean
memberships. Let's C, what next? I know totally eliminate the Code. Then
we can sell tickets @ the WalMart along with the radio's. Kewl, sell
more stuff and subscriptions, I mean memberships. We did it 2 ourselves
folks, so why whine now. I know, let's put Ham tickets in the bottom of
cereal box's. Yea buddy, more eqpt. sold and more mag's sold, I mean
memberships. Yea, now that's the TICKET.  IMHO.............73 es
DX..........Barry........WA4FBH