[AMPS] Reducing LK550-ZC Fan Noise

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 18:34:08 -0500

In several cases that I have seen, IMO, the current cooling system
in the LK-550-ZC is marginal even when running on high speed.
The thermostatic switches can fail with age, and the tubes will
over-heat before you notice.

My advice is to strap across the switch and let the fans run at full
speed all the time. If the noise bothers you, get a proper squirrel
cage blower and hose from W.W. Grainger and put the blower
in another room.

GL!
Phil, K5PC