[AMPS] CBers

Rick Bullon kc5ajx@hotmail.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:06:41 GMT

>>In ham fest flyers perhaps we should state that
>no weapons, no adult-only materials, and no illegal CB equipment
>will be allowed.
>

>Not a bad idea, but I would extend it to say that no sales will be allowed
>to people that allude to using the equipment illegally, either.
>
>I also believe that it IS a law that no manufacturer needs to work on a
>device that is known to be used illegally.
>
>Most decent CB shops will NOT work on amplfiers unless they are known to be
>used in the ARS.  I think Tom might want to look at this.
>
>Shops I have worked for in the past would work on ANY amplifier if the user
>was ARS authorized, presented a ticket, and we where not told that he used
>it for CB.  If he did have a ticket, but even made it sound like he used it
>for illegal (11 meter) purposes.
>
>Toll Free
Now I guess you want us to believe that Ham would take an amp to a cb shop
to have it worked on!!!!! Get real if someone brings an amp into a cb shop
it will not be a ham it would be a cber and almost any cb shop would work on
it and modify his cb radio also for out of band operation and not ask any
questions cb techs are like there customers they don't care what the rules
are.
I know there are some cbers that obey the rules but they are like the bad
hams on 75 meters they are a small percent of the operators on the bands

Rick
KC5AJX