[AMPS] SWR Protection

Steve ve3tu@rac.ca
Sat, 02 Dec 2000 04:50:22 +0000

Bill I don't know this for sure but what I have read in the hand books is that when you have a high swr on the line to the antenna the forward
power is reflected back from the load and is added to the forward power at the transmitter. I guess that's how open wire feeders with high swr
on the line and a tuner at the transmitter manage to put a signal into the either In this case the forward power should rise with a rising swr
on the line or at least I think it should. I think what you are referring to is a short at the output of the transmitter, not a high swr on the
line like I am considering but a short at the output of the transmitter is something to consider and protect against. I appreciate your input.

PS I also think that there will forward and reflected power on a piece of coax with a short in it or an open on the coax

73 Steve