[AMPS] Two Tone 2000

Radio WC6W wc6w@juno.com
Tue, 05 Dec 2000 13:41:54 EST

Hello Everyone,
   It's been about a month since I first posted this topic and I thought
I post an update.

added a few features, modes... and a couple K of code.

   The unit now generates single tones (with a 2nd output in
quadrature!), two tones, triple tones, and bandlimited white noise.  All
of these signals can either run continuously or be pulsed at a 50% duty
cycle -- tentatively 10 cycles of the lowest frequency sine wave
component or 10 mS for the noise.

   The two tone & three tone signals are summed digitally and are output
via a single channel of the CD player DAC.   Is there any application
that would require two individual tones output separately via the R & L
channels?

   At the moment I have eight (single, pairs or triples) tone selections
for each mode -- this could be easily increased to 16 with just a small
addition to the tables.

   I'm still wondering if there are any specific frequencies or
combinations, beyond those listed in the testing specs in part 2 of the
FCC rules that are "must haves"?

   Always grateful for suggestions!

73,
  Marv  WC6W