[AMPS] Clipperton Band switch.

Bill Aycock baycock@HIWAAY.NET
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:16:08 -0600

In doing a complete visual check on the Dentron Clipperton-L I just bought,
I find that the coil switch wafer of the band switch has been burned. The
wiper for 160M is half shot, and the 10M wiper is gone. There is black
residue there. If you remember, I posted a query about the 10M mod here,
last week. It looks like someone had fired it up on 10 without the mod
being completed. The filter is still in place.

I have not put power to it, myself, because I need a new line (220) to the
shack to handle the power. This glitch happened before I got it.

Does anyone know where I can get a wafer, or complete switch for this Amp?
The wafer is a six position progressive shorting unit, with one end
position opening when leaving 160M. 'unwrapped' it looks like this:
x----------x-x-x-x-x-x-   contacts
The first and last contacts are actually adjacent (160 and 10)

Any help or suggestions are welcomed.

Bill-W4BSG
-
Bill Aycock          W4BSG              EM64vr
Jackson County, AL

W4BSG is "vanity" this time, but was
earned by exam in 1954, the first time.

w4bsg@arrl.net