[AMPS] Advice On Homebrewing Chassis Please

measures 2@vc.net
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 00:02:31 -0800

>Radio WC6W <wc6w@juno.com>
>>  Pop (or regular) rivets or even screws, with nuts or pem-nuts, will be
>>easier in the short run.
>
>Pem-nuts are neat but I'm inexperienced in metalwork and don't know where
>to get them and whether I'd need a special tool to install them.  Can
>someone please advise?

I install PEM nuts by drilling the specified size hole, inserting the
nut, and squeezing with a large vise.  The mfg's name is Pennsylvania
Engineering and Manufacturing.  There has gotta be a Web site.  My local
distributor is Dudek Co. in Oxnard, CA.  They have a $20 minimum.  I buy
1/8" 6061-t6, cut-to-order plate from Inductrial Metals in Burbank.

cheers, Chuck.

end