FW: FW: [AMPS] Titan II Mods

Phil LaMarche plamarc1@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 13:53:25 -0500

I sent an email to Ten Tec about a post on the reflector and thought
everyone would like to read their reply.

Phil  W9DVM

-----Original Message-----
From: Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales [mailto:sales@tentec.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2000 10:13 AM
To: Phil LaMarche
Subject: Re: FW: [AMPS] Titan II Mods

The fan is definitely audible.  We are using a pressureized cabinet that
has been designed to specifically meet the manufacturer's cooling
requirements for the tube.  Under no circumstances do we recommend
altering the cooling system in an effort to reduce fan noise as this likely
will result in inefficient cooling of the amplifier and damage resulting
from doing so would not be covered under warranty.

We do not recommend the modification described for low band
coverage.  Power drift is not an issue with the Titan II and the owner
of this amplifier has even noted at the end of this article that the
amplifier would now be unusable with anything other than a 1:1
SWR.

Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager

At 01:12 PM 12/26/00 -0500, you wrote:
>       Sirs:  I am very close to ordering this amplifier and would like to
ask
>what comments you have to this report.
>
>Phil  W9DVM

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
  Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
  Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
  Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>

  --->--->---> Please note: E-mail <sales@tentec.com> for sales
  and general product info only.  We presently do not offer
  repair, parts, or kit building tech support by electronic mail,
  please telephone (865) 428-0364 or (865) 453-7172.

  Ten-Tec manufactures amateur radio equipment, military and com-
  mercial use HF radio equipment, custom aluminum and steel
  enclosures and has an on-premises, fully equipped tool and die
  facility supplying metal and plastic injection mold industries.
  Potential tool and die, custom enclosure or communications
  electronics customer?  Contact us with your needs.