[AMPS] Alpha

Hans Goldschmidt sm5ki@algonet.se
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 21:47:50 +0000

0-12-29 18.59, skrev Bob Marston på k1ta@contesting.com följande:

There is a big difference when you build your own amp: most hams have not
the knowledge and testing equipment to check their gear and very few hams on
the bands nowadays have the knowledge to give an accurate report. Besides
that, most hams accept a lot of splatter, sorry to say.

And very few hams know how to tune up an amp for good linearity. So, using a
commercial amp does in no way guarantee a clean signal.

Prosit de Hans SM5KI