[AMPS] Himu triode 4-400A distorsion products??

Hans Goldschmidt sm5ki@algonet.se
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 15:27:32 +0000

Now when EIMAC 3-500Zs are hard to get  cheap, a direct replacement has been
suggested: a hi mu triode connected 4-400A. I can get the PHILIPS and
SIEMENS equivalents with graphite anodes (RS 1002A etc) and wonder if
anybody has seen any distorsion measurments for these tubes in grounded grid
hi mu connected?

The whole family of this series can be connected in the same way: 4-250A,
4-400A and 4-1000A. An application with the 4-1000A has been in W6SAIs RADIO
HANDBOOK taken from an EIMAC application note as far as I remember. EIMAC
says it works fine and output power and drive power ( abt 110watts) for the
4-1000A is just right.

73s de Hans SM5KI