[AMPS] alpha

measures measures@vcnet.com
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 07:50:09 -0700

> have an opportunity to purchase alpha 77sx (2 x 8877) from local estate.
> how much power will these things really make in their original condition..

€  Depends on the band.  On 160m, The stock Tune-C does not have nearly
enough C for two tubes and a Q of 10.  .  Also  bypass-type doorknob caps
were used for 160m tuned circuit padders.  Also, the L taps for the two
hole version are reportedly the same as for the one holer, even though RL
is half as much.  .

>and what is a ballpark price for one.  this looks to be in  "average "
>condition and condition of the tubes is unknown since the owner will not
>let me bring it home to see what it does.  t.y...w8zh

Unless you have X-ray vision, better bring a high-pot to see if the 8877s
have a gold leakage problem.
cheers