[AMPS] SB-220 meter shunt R failure

nospam4me@juno.com nospam4me@juno.com
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 09:29:43 -0800

Yes, I have been using "protection diodes" in my amplifier circuits
for years. The same locations as described on Rich's site.  Over
the years, the physical location has moved around a little, but the
end result is an equivalent circuit.
skipp

>Skipp wrote:
>A tube inside an SB-220 I rebuilt 3 months ago suffered
>a grid to cathode short. I heard a loud bang and found the
>meter shunt resistor blew apart and the grid fuse resistors
>way out of spec. The amp has all the upgrades in place...

:Including the diodes (as on Rich's web site)?
:73 from Ian G3SEK
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.