[AMPS] FL2100Z problems

Darren Collins G0TSM g0tsm@qsl.net
Tue, 08 Feb 2000 18:29:05 +0000

>The other thing I noticed was that moving the tune and load control around
>reduces the anode current suggesting oscillation.

This happened to my FL2100B. I built a pcb using the biasing circuit from
the Z model but the amp still oscillated. I found the answer in the
archives of this reflector. It turned out that valves/tubes weren`t seeing
a load due to a hairline crack in the ceramic HV blocking capacitor between
the valve anodes and the tank circuit (whatever it`s proper name is). This
obviously didnt show up with a multimeter but the capacitor fell apart when
I stripped the amp right down.

The mod that is at RF parts is not needed on the `Z` models as the
increased negative bias during standby prevents self oscillation..

73 Darren

http:www.qsl.net/g0tsm/