[AMPS] Fil voltage al-1200

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 19:26:32 -0600

> >  >The question was about a 3CX1200A7, I thought.
> >  >Measurements have shown that inrush on the heater of this series tube
> >  >can exceed the limit,
> >
> >  There is no stated inrush limit for the 3CX1200A7 filament..  The
> >  3CX1200A7 does not have a heater.
> >

> Rich,
>
> I thought all thermionic vacuum tubes had heaters of some sort, even if they
> were called filaments.
>
> Dave in Dayton, WT8R

Now, now, you guys have got to cut Rich some slack!
It is just his way of not wanting to cut me any slack on filament/heater (I want to
be technically
correct, here) inrush. The "bible," (Eimac data sheet)  does not address inrush
protection, so
he is not going to be moved on this subject. Rich is an extermely intelligent
individual. He knows
the advice I have given on this subject is sound. We butt heads about every two
years or so on
it. It is no skin off my nose that I furnish protection for all my tubes and he
furnishes protection for
his light bulbs. Both are good economic proceedures. Parsing your posts is just
Rich's way of
easing out of moot points.

In my posts, I try to pass along my practical experiences. Just like Fox News....I
report, you decide!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC