[AMPS] Filtering Juno (Was: Adios)

Joe Subich, W8IK w8ik@arrl.net
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:54:58 -0500

Measures writes:

> I know this is do-able.  When my bro-in law gets back from Santa Barbara,
> I will ask him how to auto-route Juno to the trash.

With Outlook (97/98/2000) use the "Rules Wizard" to setup a Juno filter
that checks each message for the following in the body:

     > Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! <

and route the message directly to the "deleted items" folder.

It's in the advertisement that Juno adds to every message sent through
their "dis-service."  There are two negatives to this approach ...

1) it will also kill replies for those lazy people who quote entire
   messages

2) I would never get e-mail from my mother since she is a Juno
   subscriber (great for retired folks on a fixed income)

73,
   ... Joe Subich, W8IK/4  ex-AD8I
       <W8IK@ARRL.NET>