[AMPS] HELP! NEED MORE L-4B POWER OUTPUT!

measures measures@vcnet.com
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 23:04:35 -0700

>I need more CW output power from my L-4B.  Would like to run the 2,600
volts
>of Plate Voltage

The L4-B can handle more anode supply volts than that if you decrease the
VHF Q of the VHF suppressors.  .

> that we get in the "SSB" position but without all the
>idling
>current.  Any ideas how to achieve this?  Thanks, CRC/NO4S

Install an Electronic Cathode Bias switch with a string of forward biased
diodes so that you can set the Zero Signal Anode Current to about 75mA
per bottle.  The high speed switching mod would prevent hot switching
with modern radios.
cheers

end