[AMPS] Upgraded FL-2100 amp $425 shipped

Lane Zeitler Ku7i@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:22:45 -0800

I have an excellent yaesu FL-2100 amp. Pair of 572bs (newer Cetrons, VERY
 low air time). I have installed a cathode protect fuse in the filament
 center tap winding. It is on the rear panel. Opens in case their is a tube
 flashover. Also have installed new high voltge meter multiplier resistors.
 Also completely tore the fans down to parade rest, regreased and
 reassembled. The swr circuitry has been removed. The meter and switch is
 still inplace. I was going to use the switch to select 160 meters but never
 got around to doing the mod. The plate current meter has glitch protect
 diodes installed to protect the meter movement in the event of a tube
 flashover. The amp is totally protected and it looks and works great. 100
 watts in will get 800 watts on 80, 40, and 20. A little less on 17, 15, 12,
 and 10 meters. Use 15 meter band for 17 and use the 10 meter band for 12.
If
 you have a solid state rig you'll need to run the auto tuner since the
tuned
 inputs are not a low enough Q to offer a low VSWR for 17 and 12. I get 700
 out on 17 with my 850 driving the amp at abt 110 watts.

 This is a really nice VERY operational amp. It has been my backup amp for
 some time now but I want to play around with an Ameritron AL-811H so I need
to sell this first. I have the original manual. I will professionally pack
 and double box the amp and tubes and they will both be shipped seperately
 via UPS ground. $425 gets it to your door. You will not be disappointed. US
 postal money orders get amp shipped out without delay.

 73s

 Lane
Ku7i
San Diego