SV: [AMPS] Cavity Amp designs for 432 Mhz and 1200 Mhz??

sm5ki sm5ki@algonet.se
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 08:07:03 +0000

Hello:

There is a cavity 8874 amp for 432 in several editions of W6SAIs RADIO
HANDBOOK. I guess, and it is only a guess, you could use the 3CX800A7 as
well possibly with reduced data. There is, however, a coaxial version of
this tube that can be used easily up to 900 MHZ.

There has been a watercooled 2C39 1296 amp in ARRL:S handbook.

One good source for experimenters with a lot of info on amps, antennas etc
is the UHF-COMPENDIUM by K. Weiner DJ8HO sold by the  German amateur radio
socity DARC. The Brittish RSGB ( ask G3SEK Ian on this net ) and ARRL have
several books on the subject.

Comes to my mind I have a number new tubes in cartoons in my junk box; 2C39s
and the little RCA 7844 cermolox tube, a tetrode, that can deliver 40 watts/
class C/ CCS / 1215 MHZ and 80 watts on 400 MHz. Eventually for sale or swap
for linear tubes for the short wave bands.

Gd luck es 73s de Hans SM5KI