[AMPS] apology

Joe Subich, W8IK w8ik@arrl.net
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 11:22:43 -0500

Will,

I am sorry you lacked the conviction to stay with your original
decision.  Like, I'm sure, a great number of readers of this
reflector, I have learned to hit the "DELETE" key for many of
Measures' posts (unfortunately he so inserts himself in EVERY
discussion that I cannot automatically filter his posts without
rendering the entire reflector output useless).  However, when
he began mail bombing the entire list directly with posts that
"thought" were not being reflected, HE CROSSED THE LINE.

Again this morning I had to dump several pieces of his trash ...
every one of which were, if fact, handled properly by Majordomo.

While Measures has a viewpoint and, while less often than he
believes, does make a contribution to the knowledge base here,
his behavior and general lack of on-line etiquette are not
appropriate.  That behavior has driven away several much more
qualified contributors and reduced the overall quality of
discourse.

Until Measures apologizes publicly to this group for his
childish mail bombing (and abuse of the subscriber list),
can keep his postings to a technical level, and cease the
snide comment/one line "right on" posting attached to a
fully quoted message, I urge you to take courage in your
initial conviction an unsubscribe him.  His technical
contribution, although prolific, does not excuse the
inappropriate behavior.

73,
   ... Joe Subich, W8IK/4
       <W8IK@ARRL.NET>