[AMPS] apology

Fisher fisher@pldi.net
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 16:55:32 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: sm5ki <sm5ki@algonet.se>
To: Steve Thompson <rfamps@ic24.net>; amps <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2000 11:58
Subject: SV: [AMPS] apology

> Good idea.
>
>  Want to read about my very interesting 57 years as a ham ?

Yes.

> Want to know
> all my quarrels with authorities and other ego tripped hams?

Yes.  And, I have already seen a few and I must say that, in the heat of it
all, you rate right up there with the best of them.

> My memories are
> almost ready for publication now. Only some 50 pages and very interesting
> too. I mean, if  Rich has the democratic right to publish his personal
> problems in the past on this net, then everybody else, including me, has
the
> same democratic right to do the same?

I think you are right, again.  Of course, if everyone did it then that would
change the character of the group and group conscience might change on the
matter.  But, of course, to argue that everyone would do it would be
falacious.

> So, fellows, sharpen your pens and lets here something about YOUR very
> interesting ham life.

Although there may not be any precedence for notes that are 100% personal in
nature (ie, most all of the personal stuff to which you refer is only
incidental to the technical - isn't it?), I'll be checking out most all of
them.

> But be careful: " It is better that people think that you are crazy than
> open your mouth and confirm it..................."!

This is one reason why I would not be too quick on the delete key.  It takes
something a little extra for someone to post to this group and if they have
it, then I'm probably gonna' check out anything they write.

> Prosit de Hans SM5KI

I probably wouldn't have responded to this, but my level has already pretty
much been exposed.

Thanks for all your great contributions, Hans.

73, Lu K5YP

> >Från: "Steve Thompson" <rfamps@ic24.net>
> >Till: "amps" <amps@contesting.com>
> >Ämne: Re: [AMPS] apology
> >Datum: sön 20 feb 2000 17.55
> >

> >>I am sorry about all this, I was listen more to others than common
sense.
> >>All is back to normal and it won't happen again.
> >>Please let there be peace, and please accept my apology.
> >>Thanks 73 Will
> >>
> >I'd much prefer it if technical matters were argued on technical grounds.
If