[AMPS] 572-B Bias voltage, for todays tubes???

UNCRICHIE7@aol.com UNCRICHIE7@aol.com
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:38:44 EST

Can anyone suggest what voltage should be used for bias on todays tubes. As
in Chinese, Russian, USA 572-B tubes. I'm brewing a quad of 572's, mounted
vertically,  if that makes any difference. I'm using an older schematic and
it suggests 2.0 volts. However I have read several posts suggesting anywhere
from 2.0 to 24.0 volts.  Which is correct and why? Ive built several 811 amps
but this is my first 572-Beast. Is there a chart that anyone has designed
with these voltages on them, just a suggestion. Well thats it from here, can
anyone straighten me out. As always thanks in advance. Kurt, K3KL...