[AMPS] sola xmfr operation

nospam4me@juno.com nospam4me@juno.com
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:34:05 -0800

Hi Peter,

Sola's are relatively cheap out here in California. I often see them
at the electronic flea markets. Surplus Sellers often don't even
really know what to do with them.  I used them quite a bit in a
past project.  One thing I  will say is the ones I have used (Sola)
tend to consume a significant bit of energy in operation.  Some
of the larger units I have in service put a hefty bite on the utility
bill.  One customer of mine had them removed and replaced with
updated UPS units when we did a survey of his power consumption.

cheers
skipp

:From: Peter Chadwick <Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com>
>John says:
>The third thing was a "Sola" type constant voltage transformer, harmonic

>neutralized to 3%. These three items, commonly available
:I wish constant voltage xfmers were commonly available here......the few
:times I've seen them in surplus, they cost a leg and both arms!

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.