[AMPS] Blow TL922

Helmut (DF7ZS) Helmut (DF7ZS)" <df7zs@gmx.net
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:33:30 +0100

Hi there.

I have a TL922 by Kenwood and the folowing happend to it:

On Standby-Mode (after some minutes operation) I heard
a loud "bang" . As I looked on the panel the IP-Meter was
showing 500mA. Remember the Amp is set to STANDBY
not to operate nor the PTT is hit.

My guess was maybe a missreading so I pushed the PTT
and sended out a short burst via mike. The Power meter
showed that the AMP is delivering about 1000 watts as
normal. Back to standby - the IP reading is still 500mA.

I turned the thing off.

Any Ideas what happend ?
Anyone had a simular problem in the past ?
I am also seeking for a Service Manual to
download or faxpoll.

Thanks for any help !!!

73sss

            Helmut (DF7ZS)
<A>bort, <R>etry or <I>nfluence with larger hammer !