[AMPS] Blow TL922

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:52:00 -0500

At 06:28 AM 2/24/2000 -0700, measures wrote:
>Weird science?.  .  If you have output, the tubes can not be shorted, so
>there should be no Ip on standby.
>
>>I turned the thing off.
>>
>Good news.
>
>>Any Ideas what happend ?
>>Anyone had a simular problem in the past ?
>

>>I am also seeking for a Service Manual to
>>download or faxpoll.
>>
>Thanks to Skipp, I have s 922 service manual.  The ''troubleshooting
>section'' is one page.   .

Rich, wouldn't it be reasonable to surmise that he's lost the cut-off bias,
perhaps because of a contact failure in the much-maligned TL-922 T/R relay?
 That would certainly explain the plate current on standby, and if the
normally-open operating bias contacts are OK, also explain why the rig
appears to be normal in "operate" mode.

73,  Pete N4ZR

Don't forget to update your entry in the World Contest Station Database
http://206.102.70.3/search.htm