[AMPS] S: TL922 Improvements

Kessler Donald J LtCol HQ AFMC/DOOT Donald.Kessler@wpafb.af.mil
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:08:29 -0500

Helmut,

Try http://www.vcnet.com/measures/

When you get there, take a look at Figure 23.  That bandswitch wafer came
from one of my TL-922s before modifying the amp - very stable now after
making the mods.

I have modified several TL-922s using Rich's redesign.  However, I prefer to
mount the vacuum relay and reed relay (antenna T/R changeover) on a small
circuit board mounted over the hole vacated by the old bias changeover relay
(located between the rf-in and rf-out connectors).  If you mount the vacuum
relay with silicon glue (ala Rich's suggestion) you will NOT hear the amp
switch.

73 de ki6sz

-----Original Message-----
From: Helmut (DF7ZS) [mailto:df7zs@gmx.net]
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2000 7:40 AM
To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [AMPS] S: TL922 Improvements

Hi again.

In one of the articles a while ago there was a website
mentioned with improvements for the TL922.  I can't
find it anymore. If someone knows the URL please
send it one mor time.

I started to collect all the tip's and improvements from
my TL922 blow - but I want to have it more complete.

Thanks and 73sss

CU

            Helmut (DF7ZS)
<A>bort, <R>etry or <I>nfluence with larger hammer !