[AMPS] 4CX800's vs 4CX1600

UT7CT --> Anton Koval tony@uch.net
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 17:01:50 +0200

    It may be so, but somehow I get orders from the Western ham willing to
buy GS-23B...
    There is a factory in Ukraine (I am from Ukraine :-) ), but it has not
been manufcturing tube for quite a while. Instead they buy (!?) tubes from
independent suppliers in UKraine and offer them at... the US prices !!
    I was personally in contact with them and found that the Polyaron
factory in Lviv has no common sence in their price policy. So, I just wasted
my time !
    In any case if a person asking for a tube probably intends to make
something out of it bearing in mind he can save a lot on a homebrew project.
The rest buy complete commercial sets and when something goes wrong with the
unit they just bring it to the repair shop.
    If one can make a PA by yourslef why one should spend say $700+ on a
tube if one can buy the tube with the same parameters but having  the
Cyrilic letters insted of the Latin ones :-)
    That is why I am running my small business (including TUBES).

    Regards, Anton Koval, UT7CT
UT7CT Ham Radio Devices - Fine range of CT
Hand Keys & Paddles. Collectable keys. Svetlana
PA tubes and much more at http://www.qsl.net/ut7ct
tony@uch.net   ICQ#19487420