[AMPS] 4CX-1600B

Tom Hix W4TH w4th@webtv.net
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 07:06:49 -0600 (CST)

I saw this comment in one of the post about the 4CX-1600B tubes.
==================================
The 4CX-1600B with the exception of the Australian Emtron design has not
seen it's way into commercial designs because Svetlana can not provide a
reliable deliver schedule for the tube. George Daughters has built a
homebrew amp around this tube and his initial reports were good. He
hasn't said anything about how the amp has held up in ongoing service.
==================================
I may be wrong (usually am) but I thought QRO, Ten Tec and Emtron all
built amps using the 4CX-1600B. The QRO folks make two amps that use
this tube, a one tube model (3KDX) for the US market, and for the export
market a two tube model (3KDX Mark ll). I think Ten Tec has only been
making their new Titan II  which uses this tube for the last 6 to 12
months. But like I said, I may be wrong.
73 Tom
W4TH

Be sure to visit my web sites.

Amateur radio amp tubes.