SV: SV: [AMPS] Final..

George T. Daughters gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 11:53:46 +0008

Phil wrote...

> X volts Eg / 0 Ig = 0 ohms, last time I checked.

I hate to get into things like this, but X/0 is NOT zero, it's
infinite (unless X is also zero, then it's really, really unclear.)
A driving voltage of Eg supplying zero Ig is not across zero ohms
(i.e. across a short) because you can't develop ANY voltage across a
short.

Look at R=E/I.  Keep E constant... reduce I to I/2 (half of the
original I) R is now twice the original value.  Now reduce I to I/4
and note that R is four times the original value.  Now reduce I to
one tenth its original value... R is now ten times its original
value.  Now reduce I to one billionth of original, and note that R is
a billion times its original value... et cetera, ad infinitum.

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT