[AMPS] RF Choke Forms

Arne Gjerning gjerning@flash.net
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 23:13:59 -0700

--------------980BEBE6031EC6826C1EB3BC

I have been advised NOT to use Teflon, Delryn, and a few other
insulating materials for an RF choke. Instead only use ceramic. It was
then stated the "D" factor was the reason.

OK, but why as I could not find info on this subject in the ARRL
Handbook. Any help to point me in the direction of knowledge on this
subject would be appreciated.  May as well learn something while
building my amp. And I want to do it RIGHT.

73 de Arne N7KA

--------------980BEBE6031EC6826C1EB3BC

Teflon, Delryn, and a few other insulating materials for an RF choke. Instead
find info on this subject in the ARRL Handbook. Any help to point me in
the direction of knowledge on this subject would be appreciated.&nbsp;