[AMPS] ID small amp tube

Bill Aycock baycock@HIWAAY.NET
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 06:54:07 -0600

By AMPS standards, this is "small potatoes", but- I have acquired parts of
a commercial mobile tube rig- the Amp section appears to be intact, but
has tubes unknown to me. The final is marked "Amperex", and is numbered
5894B-8737. I find a 5894a listed in an old ARRL handbook, but not the b,
or any reference to 8737.

Physically, there are two big plates that are distinctive, but any other
details are obscure. The tube is glass, and less than 2 inches in Dia

This is just a curiosity question, and nothing BIG is dependant on an
answer.- but- anyone have a clue, or data, about this one?

THanks- Bill- W4BSG
-
Bill Aycock   ---   Persimmon Hill
 Woodville, Alabama, US 35776