[AMPS] Re: Tank coils

Gerald Caouette ve6nap@oanet.com
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:54:27 -0700

Copper is unlike ferrous metals that temper when cooled quickly
it goes soft  _ water - cooling will allow it to become very workable
clean the surface prior to forming  and have silver plated after
item has been formed
note to much heat and you then get into other problems such as Hydrogen
Embritlement
if you dip in water or air cool

I find it best to have a friend with a lathe do the forming with out
heating the tubing ...
as the tube will spring back somewhat the mandrill has to be a bit
undersize ....
73
de
ve6nap@rac.ca