[AMPS] re: SB-200 to 6m using 4CX250B

Steve Hajducek n2ckh@cybercomm.net
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:41:22 -0400

Hello All,

I have an SB-200 and new 4CX250B tubes with the plan being
to make a 6 meter 10 w in, 800 w out amplifier. I also have a
number of old articles on 6m 4CX-type amps.

Does anyone have any experience in building a 6 meter amplifier
using two 4CX250B tubes recently, especially the conversion of
a SB-200 to these tubes that would be willing to convey to me
the insight of their experinces ?

My current 6 meter radios (Yaesu FT-680R and FT-736R) are both
10 watt units, thus the plan conversion. My older Kachina 1 6 meter
radio would drive the 572B tubes to full output, but that radio is just
to old to really use regularly.

/s/ Steve, N2CKH
http://www.QSL.net/n2ckh