SV: [AMPS] UrgentSwedish questions

measures measures@vcnet.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 06:31:02 -0700

>I still think it is the current because BOTH switch contacts are burned and
>there can not be any flash-overs beetween an already grounded switch contact
>and ground? Or am I wrong?
>
>73 de Hans

The arcing on the Figure 23 bandswitch photo on my Web site shows that
arcing took place when the 80m Tune-C padder contacts were open -
meaning that the amplifier was in in use on another band (20m) when the
contacts were burned.  Thus, 80m current can not have caused this damage.

Several SB-1000 owners have reported that when a burned Tune-C padder
switch wafer was replaced, intermittent arcing continued across open
contacts in the new switch.  The fix was to decrease the VHF gain of the
3-500Z by decreasing the vhf Q of the vhf parasitic suppressor.  .

cheers, Hans.

If you would like to receive a free-sample  vhf parasitic suppressor
retrofit kit to try in the SB-1000, send me a postal address and I will
see to it that you receive one.