[AMPS] 4CX1000A amp projects

nospam4me@juno.com nospam4me@juno.com
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 07:45:07 -0800

:From: "Fisher" <fisher@pldi.net>
:Am wanting to build an amp based around a single 4CX1000A tube.
:I don't yet know the significance of the built-in capacitor

More on that later, it's very important for bypass.

:I have scoured my sources and have found nothing specific for the
4CX1000
:except the 30S-1 schematic which I would rather not try to apply.
:Lu K5YP

There are a number of proven  4cx1k designs, I have a few other
circuits available for posting on the http://sonic.ucdavis.edu server.
Let me know if you'd be interested, I'll try to get them up early next
week.
One is an old QST article I don't like because of no shunt screen
regulator.  Another I could post is a famous "Loudenboomer"
construction article from some years back.  Older hand books
are another source of ceramic circuits.
Although the 30S-1 circuit looks hard to copy, it's one of the better
designs.

cheers
skipp

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!