[AMPS] Schematic for National NCL-2000?

Bill Putney billp@wwpc.com
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 11:45:00 -0700 (PDT)

I found a broken National NCL-2000 cheap. I'm wondering if anyone on the list
has a schematic for this puppy. Scanned and e-mailed would be great.

It's marked "Bad plate relay". Makes me wonder if the plate relay is bad
because gas arcing in the tubes ate the relay or it just got tired. Any insight
would be great. Replacing the 8122's could raise the price of the amp quite a
bit.

Also, it's a 80-40-20-15-10 Meter amp. Anyone done a mode to pick up any of the
new bands? Hopeing it's just changing the switch and adding some taps on the
output tank. The input is "passive" so that isn't tuned (I believe).

I like the use of tetrodes in this amp as opposed to the more typical triode
designs in most other Ham amps. More elements is better right? :)

If anyone has any strong opinions about this amp I'm happy to hear them. I'm
going to be using it with a Yeasu FT-847. I figure I'm going to have to buffer
the transmit output to drive the amp's relay input and maybe futz with the ALC
a bit. Any other thoughts?

Thanks, Bill

#  Bill Putney - WB6RFW            | My repeater:443.400 Mhz-100 Hz #
#  WWPC                            | It's not open, it's not closed,#
#  5780 Balmoral Drive             | it's controlled. It's open for #
#  Oakland, CA 94619               | membership (which is free...). #
#  billp@wwpc.com - (510)531-2412  | Go figure...                   #