[AMPS] Motorola 887 triode amplifier circuit available on sonic

nospam4me@juno.com nospam4me@juno.com
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 21:17:31 -0700

re: 8877 amplifier diagram available.

Hello there,

While thumbing through my files, I came across an 8877 amplifier
for 2-18 MHz operation. This was a typical Embassy Radio Equipment
Amplifier offered up by Motorola.

The output tuning is channelized servo controlled.  A "push button
kilowatt."

The input circuit has an interesting attenuator type design which
outputs to the phase detection circuit mentioned below.  This
input offers up very broad band operation.

There is a phase detection circuit similar to the linearity tuning
detector circuits in the Collins Amplifiers.  This circuit could be
applied to other applications.

The power supply and misc circuits are there. As with most
Motorola Designs, this one's way overkill as required for non
technical operator applications.  The zip file contains .gif and .pdf
formats.

http://sonic.ucdavis.edu    in the amateur radio pages.

cheers
skipp