[AMPS] tubes in oil...

nospam4me@juno.com nospam4me@juno.com
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 20:02:39 -0700

re: amplifier circuits cooled in oil bath

I removed some 3-500z tubes from a similar application. They and
their matching filament xmfrs were in oil for 20 years plus.  Everything
looks brand new and tilts full boogie to the watt meter.

The problem is they stink so bad with burning oil smell and smoke
that I pulled them out and keep the parts in the garage....   I'll
have to think of some type of liquid I can soak the parts in to
displace the oil.

cheers
skipp

[snip]
: From: William Fuqua <Wlfuqu00@pop.uky.edu>
: It seems that I found a really neat tube at an hamfest Saturday.
: It was from an old CAT SCAN machine and used as a pulsed switch...

: I think this is a tube that was developed after the 4PR1000 for oil
: cooling. It is supposed to be in a tank with other parts all under
oil...

: 73
: Bill wa4lav

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!