[AMPS] Bird 43 probe mods.?

Jaan at work qrq@hotmail.com
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 09:23:18 CEST

Hello folks.

I have a question for you regarding the Bird 43, classic Wattmeter. Today I
have a leftover plug for 5-125MHz able to handle 50Watts. I'm looking for a
probe that could handle the frequency 2-30MHz and power leveles up to 5 KW.
Have anybody tried to modify for example a plug similar to mine to handle
more power?

When opening up the plug there is not much inside. A potentiometer, a
inductor wounded around some type of core... well, suggestions. Or if You
have a 2-30MHz probe able to deal with 5KW please send me a mail and let me
know.

73 de Jaan
SM0OEK