[AMPS] RF filament choke for indirectly heated cathodes?

Wt8r@aol.com Wt8r@aol.com
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 15:11:19 EDT

In a message dated 6/22/00 9:26:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Wt8r writes:

>  In a message dated 6/22/00 9:08:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time, i4jmy@iol.it
> writes:
>
>  >  If ameritron does right or wrong is another story, but what I can say
>  >  for sure is that without anode suppressor a 3CX1500 in GG is quite
>  >  stable and much less prone to VHF parasitic than other common tubes
>  >  with conventional VHF suppressors.
>  >  The anode suppressors in the form of coil and resistors are critical
>  >  devices whose effectiveness is very much questionable.
>  >  The true reason such suppressors are installed is to satisfy and agree
>  >  conventional designs and expecially to let people to find out what's
>  >  typically placed between the plate choke and tubes' anode.
>  >  Most of those suppressors are actually not working at all, and finally
>  >  they aren't anything better than no suppressors at all.
>  >  Last but not least, when suppressors resistors are cracked (typical)
>  >  oscillation risks are increased.
>  >
>  >  73,
>  >  Mauri I4JMY
>  >
>  Mauri,
>
>  Perhpas you have some difficulty with the English language, but what you
> have expressed above is non-sequitor.  You say.....
>
>  > "Most of those suppressors are actually not working at all, and finally
>  >  they aren't anything better than no suppressors at all.
>  >  Last but not least, when suppressors resistors are cracked (typical)
>  >  oscillation risks are increased."
>
>  If the resistor/coil combination Really Isn't working AT ALL or is no
better
> than no supressor at all (ineffective), how can a cracked resistor increase
> oscillation risks?
>
>  73 de
>
>  Dave, WT8R
Mauri and All on the List,

It was not my intention to criticize Mauri, especially since he was not
writing in his native language.  There is no doubt in my mind that Mauri's
English is far better than my Italian.

I should have said that I really didn't understand the point which he was
trying to make.

If I have have angered anyone, please accept my humble apology.

Best Regards to Mauri who answered my question in a private-email.

73 de

Dave