SV: [AMPS] ssr's in qro amps

sm5ki sm5ki@algonet.se
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 06:41:07 +0000

The SSR:s are used in consumer electronics to among other things turn
television sets and stereos on/off by remote control. And there have been
accidents after the gear was turned off. Fire broke out at night and caused
loss of lifes. I myself disconnect all cables from my computer whenever
leaving the shack or going to bed in summertime because of a sudden
thunderstorm that may turn up. Not neccesary a direct hit may short the SSR
and cause a lot of trouble. Fire  and loss off information. Better to be
sure.

I hope SSR in this discussion means Solid State Relay?

73s de Hans