[AMPS] Re: Poor science

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 17:22:32 -0500

Hi Rich,

Nice try at pulling something out of context, but what I said was
exactly true.

> >Please copy and repost where I said that.
> >
> € From: w8jitom@aol.com
> Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
> Subject: Re: Good source for amplifier tips
> Date: 24 Nov 1996 03:34:24 GMT
> ''I think though we can safely conclude making the coil out of nichrome
> mainly lowers HF Q, NOT VHF Q''. .....

What I said is above is perfectly correct, because we were
discussing a conventional parallel R/L suppressor.

If you take a conventional suppressor with a parallel R and L, and
make the L out of nichrome instead of copper, the largest change
in Q happens at DC. As frequency moves higher and higher, the
resistor dominates the circuit. So the largest shift in Q is at low
frequencies.

Nice try at twisting words through omission of text Rich.

.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com